Today Jenn Johns shows you how to make a gravity defying Popcorn Cake based on her current favourite app, Cooking Fever! Thanks to Nordcurrent for sponsoring this video.
Order my COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?page_id=7366
Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=8902
RAINBOW CAKE RECIPES: https://goo.gl/aiHQuf
JELLO RECIPES: https://goo.gl/NbNeeZ
FOOD IMPOSTER RECIPES: https://goo.gl/QG3TUf
HOMEMADE CAKES: https://goo.gl/WO3gwS
BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?page_id=7366
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
How to Make an Anti Gravity Popcorn Cake:
Ingredients and Materials:
• Prepared 8" Vanilla cake 2 colored yellow and 1 white (https://youtu.be/XaNELscDtms)
• Vanilla buttercream coloured red and white (https://youtu.be/rjqOTM5icOE)
• White Fondant
• Yellow Fondant
• Blue Fondant
• Red Americolor Gel Paste
• White Americolor Coloring
• Fondant/Gum Paste Decorating Tool Kit
• Fondant Smoother
• Popcorn air popper
• Popcorn kernels
• Popcorn containers
• White chocolate
• Cake Dowel
• Cardboard cake boards
1. Pop the popcorn kernels as per popper instructions.
Stack the cakes and fill with white buttercream. Cover entire cake with red buttercream and smooth.
2. Stripe cake with 1 1/4"x 8" pieces of white fondant, meeting the pieces in the middle of the cake. Remove excess.
3. Create "pop" sign out of fondant by cutting pieces out with rounds and rectangles.
4. With the help of a hot glue gun, attach the dowel into the plastic popcorn container and allow to solidify before attaching the cardboard.
5. Stick popcorn pieces to cardboard with melted white chocolate (or glue). Allow to harden before inserting into the cake. Ensure that there is at least 3"-4" of dowelling without popcorn attached to it so that it can be inserted fully into the cake.
7. Insert dowel into the cake for the anti-gravity effect! The plastic popcorn container should be supported via the dowel and cardboard.
8. Cover top of cake with additional popcorn, attaching it to the side of the cake as it is "falling".
9. Place onto large cake board, and if desired, add an additional container of spilled popcorn beside the cake.
10. Cake should be consumed within 2-3 days and kept in the fridge in a sealed container or wrapped in plastic wrapped. tags : popcorn cake,cooking fever,cooking fever cake,gravity defying cake,antigravity cake,anti gravity cake,floating cake,app cake,cooking fever app,kids cake,happy birthday cake,cupcakes,how to make cake,cake,fondant,birthday cake,cake decorating,cake designs,cakes,birthday cakes,cake recipes,surprise inside cake,surprise inside,cupcakes and cardio,cookies cupcakes and cardio,jenn johns,popcorn,popcorn maker